[Gems-users] Question about getAddress, .... in GEMS

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:56:27 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Question about getAddress, .... in GEMS
Hi,

There are three methods in cacheMSG of Gems. I have question about them and if possible please answer my questions.

I think that getPhysicalAddress and getLogicalAddress methods in cacheMSG return physical and logical address of a block where requested variable places in this block. For example, if variable X exists in block 1000, request1.getLogicalAddress() returns 1000 instead of X address (request1 accesses to X). Is it true?

Thanks for your answer in advance.