Re: [Gems-users] Question about getAddress, .... in GEMS

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:57:21 -0500
From: Rakesh Komuravelli <komurav1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Question about getAddress, .... in GEMS
No,

getLogicalAddress() returns the virtual address of the request passed by simics to ruby.
getPhysicalAddress() returns the physical address of the request.
getAddress() returns the line address of the request.

To verify, look at
ruby/simics/SimicsProcessor.C: memoryTransactionToCacheMsg(memory_transaction_t) (CacheMsg created)
and
ruby/system/Sequencer.C: issueRequest(CacheMsg) (m_address modified)

Thanks,
Rakesh