[Gems-users] How to collect multicore coherence traffic

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:15:48 +0800 (CST)
From: jianhual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Gems-users] How to collect multicore coherence traffic
Hi All,

    I am a newbie to GEMS. Now, I want to utilize GEMS framework to collect the cache coherence traffic of real applications running on a multicore platform. Imagine that I use the directory coherence protocol for a 16-core CMP with private L1 cache and shared L2 cache (NUCA-like). How can I collect the various on-chip traffic, such as the L2 read, L2 write and L1 invalidate, etc.
    Where can I add codes in the GEMS to implement such function? In SLICC or somewhere?

    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jianhua