Re: [Gems-users] Bypass L1 cache?

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 04:21:56 -0400
From: "Binh Q. Pham" <phambinh1983@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Bypass L1 cache?
Hi,
In ruby/slicc_interface/AbstractChip.h, I saw the following declaration:
// pulic data structures
  Vector < CacheMemory<L1Cache_Entry>* > m_L1Cache_L1DcacheMemory_vec;
  Vector < CacheMemory<L1Cache_Entry>* > m_L1Cache_L1IcacheMemory_vec;
  Vector < CacheMemory<L1Cache_Entry>* > m_L1Cache_cacheMemory_vec;
  Vector < CacheMemory<L1Cache_Entry>* > m_L1Cache_L2cacheMemory_vec;
  Vector < CacheMemory<L1Cache_Entry>* > m_L2Cache_L2cacheMemory_vec;

For the first two declarations, I guess they are L1 data cache and L1 instruction cache respectively. However, I don't understand the other three declarations. Does anyone know what is going on here?

My goal is to bypass L1 cache for a certain request, and pass it directly to L2 cache. I am thinking I can call the function tryCacheAccess in ruby/system/Sequencer.C on a L2 cache object to do this. Am I on the right track here?

Thank you,
Binh