[Gems-users] marking a physical address through ruby and opal

Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:49:39 -0400
From: Hui Zhao <hzhao5@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] marking a physical address through ruby and opal

Hello
   I want to ask some advice about how to mark an address through the opal and ruby:
What I want to do is : initially, when data in a register is stored to cache, I want to mark the corresponding physical address and the cache line. If later, this cache line or physical address is read into opal again, I can read the marking information from the marker.
   Does anyone know which data structure I need to extend with this marker bit? especially the physical address, it seems to me, the address passed around is just a number. If I extend the physical_addr_t to include the marker bit, then too many places are needed to be modified.
   Do I need to change Simics source code to pass such information?

Thanks