[Gems-users] Obtain memory address in sequencer.c

Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 15:21:54 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Obtain memory address in sequencer.c
Hi

I want to log addresses of all memory access requests. I found that it's possible via adding a profiling code into makeRequest() method of sequencer.c. But, request.getAddress() and request.getPhysicalAddress() methods return request line address. You know that several data may be mapped into same cache line but I want to obtain how many different addresses are accessed by program. Therefore I should use memory address instead of line address. Could you tell me how I can obtain request memory address in sequencer.c?

By the way, there is request.getLogicalAddress() facility that returns virtual address of request. Could I use returned virtual addresses in order to obtaining number of different addresses that accessed by program?

Sorry to bother you.