[Gems-users] Question about cacheMSG::getPhysicalAddress()

Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:00:46 +0430
From: Hamid Reza Khaleghzadeh <khaleghzadeh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Question about cacheMSG::getPhysicalAddress()
Hi

There are getAddress(), getPhysicalAddress() and getLogicalAddress() methods in CacheMsg class. getAddress() returns m_address that contains line address of request. getPhysicalAddress() returns physical Address of request an so on.

I have a problem with getPhysicalAddress(). I executed following program in Simics and log address of all accessed data.

int main()
{
  int i=0;
  printf("%p\n",&i);
}

I couldn't find address of i variable in the log file. Could you tell me why this happened?

Thanks.