[Gems-users] How to change the number of CPU's

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 23:40:24 +0530
From: Shirshendu Das <shirshendu.iitg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to change the number of CPU's
I am working on GEMS Ruby  with the target architecture Serengeti on Simics. I followed the following steps to install Solaris on it.

i)  I edited "abisco-common.simcs" with number of CPU's as 16.
ii)  Installed Solaria on it.
iii) Installed simicsfs
iv)  Wrote configuration as "final.check".

Now, when I start from "final.check" every things works fine. But if I want to change the number of cores from 16 to 8 then what should I do?
Is it necessary to install the Solaris again?
Can I change the number of cores or architecture of simics from GEMS?

--
Regards,

SHIRSHENDU DAS
Research Scholar