Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Suse Linux 9.1

On Tue August 3 2004 11:20 am, Björn Baumeier wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I wanted to ask if anyone has experience in using Condor on Suse Linux
> 9.1.
>
> So far, we have installed Condor on systems running Suse 8.2 and there
> are no problems. However, when trying to use - both the version 6.6.6
> and 6.7.0 - with 9.1, the first problem shows up when starting the
> daemons for the frist time. The "Startd" fails to load because it
> cannot determine the memory of the machine. The logfile says:

Right; the Linux 2.6 series kernel changed /proc/meminfo which breaks Condor.
Your manual setting of it in the config file is a valid work-around.

> After manually inserting the memory in the condor_config file,
> condor_startd starts up and everythin seems to run smoothly. However
> as soon as you try to submit a job, strange things happen. Condor
> claims that the submit-file is not readable and the output-files not
> writeable.

Does this happen with both 6.6.6 and 6.7.0?  Are you running the dynamic or
static binaries?

-Nick

--
           <<< It's the question that drives us. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project