Re: [Condor-users] job requirements

Fernando Rannou wrote:
Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL") && (OpSys == "LINUX") && (Disk >= DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (TARGET.FileSystemDomain == MY.FileSystemDomain)
-----

but the condor submit file has not Requierements!!!
This seems to be happening for one specific user.

condor_submit makes reasonable requirements for a job.

Pick one job that has this problem. Pretend it's job 10.0.

Pick one computer that doesn't match. Pretend it's node.example.com.

Run these two commands, substituting the correct identifiers:

  condor_q -l 10.0
  condor_status -l node.example.com

Walk through the requirements and see what can't be true. For instance, if the job has DiskUsage of 1000000 and the computer has Disk of 1000, then Requirements will be false.

My bet is that it will be the FileSystemDomain that is causing your problem. If so, there are two possibilities:

  * If you are submitting the job from a shared disk (like NFS) then the
    computers should indicate that they have the same FileSystemDomain.
    Here at the UW, we set FileSystemDomain to be cs.wisc.edu instead of
    the $(FULL_HOSTNAME). For more information, see:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00354000000000000000

  * If you are submitting the job from a computer that doesn't
    have shared disks, then you'll need to transfer files, so this
    requirement doesn't show up. For more information, see:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00354000000000000000

I hope this helps.

-alain