[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Error with installing condor on RedHat Linux 8
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:54:35 -0500
- From: Nick LeRoy <nleroy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Error with installing condor on RedHat Linux 8
Candace Harris wrote:
I have just installed condor onto my linux machine and when I run
condor_status it tells me that I can´t find the collector. Does
anyone have a idea on how to fix this problem?
There are quite a few things that could cause this type of problem.
Probably the most likely, however, is that you don't have a collector
running. It sounds like you're trying to setup a "single host" Condor,
so I'm going to presume that's the case in my reply....
Let's check a couple of items.
1. Did you actually start Condor (probably by running "condor_master")?
Run ps to verify that the master is running. You can look at MasterLog
to learn more about what it's doing, having problems with, etc. Note
that you may need to set the CONDOR_CONFIG env variable if your
condor_config is stored in a non-standard location (not in /etc or
2. Is your master configured to run a Collector? Look at your
"DAEMON_LIST" setting in your condor_config; it should have COLLECTOR in
the list. If not, that's the problem.
3. Is the collector actually running? Again, verify with 'ps'. If it's
dieing, check the CollectorLog to see what it's upset about. You can
also run it directly via "condor_collector -t -f"; it's dump all of it's
output to stdout.
4. Verify the COLLECTOR_HOST setting in your condor_config.
Hope this helps