Re: [Condor-users] Node not communicating with central manager

At 11:42 AM 8/16/2004 +0200, Candace Harris wrote:
I am having a problem with one of my nodes communicating to the central manager....The central manager doesn´t show this node as existing in the pool when I run a condor_status...and I get the following errors in my Collector log file on the central manager...Does anyone have a clue as to what this means or how to fix this problem?:

8/16 11:17:56 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <192.168.0.20:3269> for command 5 (QUERY_STARTD_ADS)

That's your problem: permission denied.

Have you set up Condor's security at all?

What are the HOSTALLOW_* configuration variables set to on the central manager?

Can the central manager lookup the node in DNS, in both directions? That is, IP->name, and name->IP?

-alain