Re: [Condor-users] Maximum length of a job attribute

Gabriel Mateescu wrote:
The condor manual specifies the maximum length
for some job attributes sucvh as "environment"
and "arguments".

At one point in the past, the maximum for the environment was 10K. If the manual still says that, I should fix it--I went through the code during Condor 6.3.x and ensured that the environment can be very large.

Is there a limit for user-defined attributes such as:

myJobAttr = "string_of_16000_characters_folllows_here"

I haven't explicitly tested it. Theoretically it should work--let me know if it doesn't, and I'll make sure it works in the next release. :)

(By the way, you'll need to put a plus sign before myJobAttr if it's in your submit file.)

-alain