Re: [Condor-users] Best way to run condor jobs when machine is idle

At 02:04 PM 8/26/2004 -0400, you wrote:
Whats the best way to run condor jobs , only on machines which are not being
used, there are some options in the global condor config files which I have
not changed, will they work by default as they have UWCS in front

UWCS is just a name--it does not require you to run here at the UW. They are named that because they are very similar to the policy that we use here.

Those policies will let you run jobs as you described, and it's one of the goals of Condor to let you run in this way if you wish.

 will specifying reqirement = keyboardidle >=120(2 minutes) work as an
option??

It's less good than the configuration file because it requires users to select good options instead of machine owners.

-alain