Re: [Condor-users] SIGUSR1 not valid on Windows XP?

Glad to be of help!! I'll fireup my linux manager and try it there. a Linux central managert so far has been able to process and distribute tasks to my Windows XP Pro machines with no problem.

JW

Peter F. Couvares wrote:

John,

This looks like a bug -- thanks for the report.

The truth is, although DAGMan is well-tested on Unix, it's much less so on Windows, since there haven't been many heavy users on that platform to date. So you're among the trailblazers discovering these sorts of basic problems.

John Wheez Wrote

Hello,

I'm running Condor 6.6.6 on Windows XP Pro.
My dag submit script which is generated by condor_submit_dag always has this entry in it "remove_kill_sig = SIGUSR1"

This seems to be a Linux signal name and not Windows.

Could this be the reason why condor_rm will not kill a dagman.exe process on my system?

I've tried to find a way to insert the value of SIGTERM but nothing I do seems to alter the dag submit script which is created by condor_submit_dag

Thanks,
JW