Re: [Condor-users] condorview and hawkeye

Patrick,
        I have just completed porting condorview client scripts to Microsoft
Services for Unix. Essentially two things required - change references to
"condor_stats" to "condor_stats.exe" and add processing to convert from dos EOLN
format to Unix format. Did this by piping all output from condor_stats.exe
through:

sed -e s/.$//g

eg

RESGROUPS=`condor_stats -pool $POOL $LENGTH -resgrouplist 2>/dev/null`

becomes

RESGROUPS=`condor_stats.exe -pool $POOL $LENGTH -resgrouplist 2>/dev/null | sed
-e s/.$//g`

Seems to work. Only reason to use MSFU is that we have this in our environment
and I didn't have to jump through the hoops to get cygwin added.

Cheers Paul

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          Patrick Townsend      |
|        |          <patrick.townsend@bris|
|        |          tol.ac.uk>            |
|        |                                |
|        |          24/08/2004 09:25 PM   |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                          |
  |      To:     Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul     |
  |       Chubb/Staff/ABS                                                    |
  |      cc:                                                                 |
  |      Subject:     Re: [Condor-users] condorview and hawkeye              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>      a question for those of you who run condorview and/or hawkeye. We are
> building a condor pool that is all windows and is using NTSSPI
> authentication with userbased security. Condorview and Hawkeye have to be
> on a Unix variant and so can't participate in NTSSPI authentication. Is
> there a way to use these products with such a pool?

Condorview + WinXP can be done with Cygwin - see my post on 25th Nov 2003
in the mailing list archives at
<http://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/>

If you get Hawkeye running on Windows please publicise to the list!

           regards
                     Patrick.

ABS Web Site:  www.abs.gov.au