Re: [Condor-users] Curious SMTP traffic to Wisconsin University

> My sending machine is the master host of our CONDOR grid, so I wonder
> if it is simply a watchdog mechanism for your statistics, or if I must
> be more concerned with this behavior !

Nope, this is normal. Condor will regularly send back reports, both via
email and classads, to Wisconsin so we can better understand the makeup
of the Condor community. To learn more about this or how to turn it off
see our privacy notice:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/1_7Privacy_Notice.html

For an example of how we're using this data, check out the Condor
world map:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/map/

        --Nate