Re: [Condor-users] IS IT POSSIBLE TO NAME OUTPUT FILES AS$(JOBID).output?

On Tue December 7 2004 9:12 am, Nick LeRoy wrote:
> On Tue December 7 2004 4:14 am, Vineeth Simon Arackal wrote:
> > Sir,
>
> Hello,
>
> > 	I would like to know whether it is possible to let Condor-G assign
> > unique names to output, error and log files dynamically, for eg.,
> > $(jobid).output, $(jobid).error, $(jobid).log, etc., where $(jobid) is
> > the jobid assigned by Condor-G, which in turn happens only after
> > submitting the job.
>
> Right idea, wrong syntax.  What you want is the $(CLUSTER) and $(PROCESS).
> For example, job 21.0 would be $(CLUSTER) = 21, $(PROCESS) = 0, etc..  See
> the condor_submit manual entry and section 2.5 of the manual "Submitting a
> job" for more details.

Sorry, too early in the morning, I guess.  I didn't notice the CONDOR-G
reference.  I rescind my the above in; I have no idea if such a thing exists
for the Globus universe.

-Nick

--
           <<< Welcome to the real world. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project