Re: [Condor-users] IS IT POSSIBLE TO NAME OUTPUT FILESAS $(JOBID).output?

Nick LeRoy wrote:

On Tue December 7 2004 9:12 am, Nick LeRoy wrote:

On Tue December 7 2004 4:14 am, Vineeth Simon Arackal wrote:

Sir,

Hello,

I would like to know whether it is possible to let Condor-G assign
unique names to output, error and log files dynamically, for eg.,
$(jobid).output, $(jobid).error, $(jobid).log, etc., where $(jobid) is
the jobid assigned by Condor-G, which in turn happens only after
submitting the job.

Right idea, wrong syntax. What you want is the $(CLUSTER) and $(PROCESS).
For example, job 21.0 would be $(CLUSTER) = 21, $(PROCESS) = 0, etc.. See
the condor_submit manual entry and section 2.5 of the manual "Submitting a
job" for more details.

Sorry, too early in the morning, I guess. I didn't notice the CONDOR-G reference. I rescind my the above in; I have no idea if such a thing exists for the Globus universe.

No need to rescind, Nick. The same mechanism works in the Globus universe.

--Dan