Re: [Condor-users] who initiate the communication ?

Roye Avidor wrote:
Hello all ,

When a job is being submitted from machine A and a startd on machine B start to execute the job, machine B needs to initiate connection to machine A for the job to be run.
Does machine A ( the submitter ) needs to create any kind of a direct connection to machine B ( the executer ) ?

When the negotiator finds a match, it connects both to submit and execution sites and notifies the match. Then the schedd of the submit site (machine A in this case) connects to the startd, does real (peer-to-peer) negotiation with it, and makes two more connections to the execution site. If everything goes fine, the startd (actually starter) makes a connection to the schedd (actually shadow) for job transfer.

I'm asking this because I need to know how to setup the Masquerade on my condor controller.

Thanks for all the replies,
Roye Avidor