RE: [Condor-users] What should I do with these locked shadowspoolentries?

> At 10:52 AM 12/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
> >I know the procedure when preen says it cannot remove a remote
> >execution directory (log in, find the process that's got a
> handle open
> >in the directory and kill it) but what do I do about this user's
> >machine? Can I restart his condor daemons remotely? What's the best,
> >most non-intrusive way to solve this?
>
> Why do you need to restart his Condor daemons?
>
> If you want to restart the daemons remotely, you can do so
> with condor_restart.

I'm just waxing poeting about what I might do to solve this problem. I'm
assuming condor_preen couldn't remove the files because condor_shadow
processes had a hold on them still (what other processes access these
spool files?). So restarting condor might kill off these hung shadows.
But I was looking to you for an explanation of how and why these files
are unremoveable by the preen process.

- Ian