[Condor-users] condor_rm and process killing on Windows

I have a user with an experiment that spawns a process tree something
like this:

  go.bat
    MKS csh
      MKS csh
        some.exe

His third level MSK csh process does some file returning for him via
FTP.

When some.exe is running and he does condor_rm, condor is actually
killing the some.exe process -- the deepest process in the tree. Leaving
it's parent csh process thinking that some.exe finished and that it
should return a bunch of stuff to him over FTP.

This is pretty cool if condor_rm does smart things like this. But I've
got some doubts that this is really the case and we're just seeing some
strange corner case. Does condor_rm kill the deepest process in a tree
or does it just kill the go.bat process and leave the OS to clean up the
orphaned processes? The latter is what were expecting.

- Ian

--
Ian R. Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer