Re: [condor-users] About SuSE 9.0 and condor_compile

On Thu April 1 2004 10:34 am, Alain EMPAIN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since the last year I am running in production a local SUN gridengine.
>
> I am now evaluating CONDOR, and I am very pleased with my first tries,
> using SuSE 9.0 and CONDOR 6.6.1.
>
> The problem I was facing is related to a previous email from Ed Kapitein
> <e.kapitein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> [condor-users] examples won't
> compile [CC and F77 fixed, C++ still
> fails]
>                              Date:
> Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:15:37 +0200
>
> I followed his advice and after a while, my condor_compile succeeded :
> 5m32, producing 12MB of executable, in place of a few seconds and 10.5
> KB.
>
> Is it normal ? It seems a monster !

The size is somewhat expected.  The 'condor_compile' process will cause your
job to be statically linked, which is what causes the size of it to bloat,
and, mostly likely, is what caused the link time to become so large, as well,
probably because it just takes longer for the I/O of writing this larger
executable to disk.

-Nick

--
           <<< The matrix has you. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project