[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] How many submit nodes in your pool ?
- Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:36:45 +0100 (BST)
- From: Bruce Beckles <mbb10@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] How many submit nodes in your pool ?
Hi everyone -
We are currently trying to setup a large Condor pool/flock
(haven't decided which yet), and there is some debate here about submit
nodes, so I thought it might be useful to find out what other people are
doing in this regard. What I would like to know from people with large
(hundreds or more machines) pools is the following:
- How large is your pool?
- Do you restrict the number of submit nodes, i.e. do you have only a
small (maybe only one) number of submit nodes, or can any machine
(within reason) submit jobs to the pool/flock?
- If you do restrict the number of submit nodes is this a problem for, or
a source of dissatisfaction amongst, your users or do they not
(It might make sense to reply directly to me rather than to the
condor-users mailing list.)
University of Cambridge Computing Service.