Re: [Condor-users] How many submit nodes in your pool ?

Hi Bruce,

- How large is your pool?
~ 200

- Do you restrict the number of submit nodes,
All are submit nodes. When jobs run they open up a shadow process on the submitting machine. If you are transfering files to the execution nodes these can use up a lot of resources. So having all users submit all jobs from one node could produce a very large load. I've seen loads of 20+ until I throttled down the maximum number of jobs that could be run from a single node.

Steven
Dr Steven Newhouse                       Tel:+44 (0)2380 598814
Deputy Director, Open Middleware Infratructure Institute (OMII)
University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK