Re: [Condor-users] environment variables

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Dan Bradley wrote:

> Michael Thon wrote:
>
> > However, there seems to be no way to access environment variables that
> > are already set on the execution node.  It looks like the only env
> > variables available on the execution node are those set in the
> > submission script?
>

> This is correct in Condor version 6.6.  In the development series (6.7),
> there's a setting in the config file that lets you add stuff to the
> environment that gets inherited by user jobs.  It's called
> STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT.

You can do this in Condor 6.6, though it requires some extra work. You can
have the execution machines include the environment variable values in
their startd classads:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.5/3_3Configuration.html#param:SubsysAttrs

Then, in your job ads, use the $$ notation to have the values substituted
in the jobs' environment:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.5/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00356100000000000000

|            Jaime Frey            | I stayed up all night playing   |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         | poker with tarot cards. I got a |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  | full house and four people died.|