Re: [Condor-users] Notification of Cluster Complete - notprocesscomplete

Zach,

In this case, I would be blocking on twenty processing nodes with
condor_wait, right?

Thanks,
Bob

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Zachary Miller       |
|         |           <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           condor-users-bounces@|
|         |           cs.wisc.edu          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           07/29/2004 02:08 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           Condor-Users Mail    |
|         |           List                 |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Condor-users] Notification of Cluster Complete - not    processcomplete                 |

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 06:35:34PM +0100, Matt Hope wrote:
> there was a previous sequence of mails on the list - have a gander at the
archive

> the short answer is not trivially.
>
> easiest way is:
>
> Disable all email notification (apart from maybe errors)
> After submitting the jobs run condor_wait pointing at the resulting
clusterid
> and have that launch some simple mail script to send the mail.

i think it would be slightly better to submit condor_wait as a condor job
itself, and then have that job email you when it's finished.  no scripts
necessary, and if the machine goes down for some reason, your condor_wait
process will come back up when condor does.

cheers,
-zach