[Condor-users] jobs wait in idle mode unecessarily

Hi,

When I submit a Condor job it seems to wait in the idle
state and take ages to start despite a host being free
for it to run on. Using condor_q -analyze I get

174.000: Run analysis summary. Of 2 machines,
1 are rejected by your job's requirements
0 reject your job because of their own requirements
0 match, but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
1 match, but prefer another specific job despite its worse user-priority
0 match, but will not currently preempt their existing job
0 are available to run your job
Last successful match: Mon Jun 21 10:54:27 2004

What does the "1 match, but prefer another specific job
despite its worse user-priority" mean ? Is there anyway around this ?

thanks in advance,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith,
e-Science team,