Re: [Condor-users] jobs wait in idle mode unecessarily

I think this is a very common newbie question but I've found very few answers addressing it. I can tell you about my own experiences.

First, by default if you're using non-windows operating system the condor installation assumes that all the computers in the pool share both a common file system and a common way to allow login to machines. If your machines are not like this, I found it impossible to run jobs. To "fix" the problem, look for FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN and UID_DOMAIN in both the condor.config file *and* the condor.config.local file. Make sure the value is $(FULL_HOSTNAME). Doing this tells condor that the computers do not share a file system or login accounts.