[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] MPI, Windows and non dedicated resources...
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:56:31 +1000 (EST)
- From: bob@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Condor-users] MPI, Windows and non dedicated resources...
I have condor running beautifully on 60 PCs at Charles Sturt Uni, in
Albury, Australia. At the moment it is just used to run batch jobs for
lecturers/php students etc.
However, I would like to allow MPI jobs to be submitted to the same 60
pcs. The PCs are student lab pcs, so they are not a dedicated resource.
So, I have a few questions regarding MPI:
- Does it work on Windows?
- Do the processing nodes need any special software, libraries, etc?
- Can I specify that my nodes be "dedicated" between certain times, ie.
over night when there are no students around?
- Can the "dedicated" controller be run on the same machine as the
Is anyone doing something like this at the moment???