Re: [Condor-users] Path to execute directory in submit file

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 03:18:26PM -0500, Aaron Suggs wrote:

> One thing I noticed, however, was that the environment variable is
> actually called _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR. I don't know where the preceding
> underscore came from, but it should be trivial to change either the
> code or the documentation. (I'm using version 6.6.5 on Win2k, fyi) I
> figured this out by submitting a batch file that just ran the 'set'
> command to output the environment variables.

I have noticed this under Linux too.

For vanilla jobs it is "_CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR".

For standard jobs it is "CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR".

I seem to recall that both were "CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR" in the 6.4 release.

On a related note, "CONDOR_VM" is not defined for vanilla jobs either.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics