[Condor-users] jobs with dependencies

Greetings -
I am setting up a small condor pool of linux machines for life science
computing and I need some configuration advice.  I need to keep a directory
of files (blast databases for the blastall app) on each execution node in
sync with the directory on the master node.  Previous advice from others in
the mailing list suggested that I use local copies of these files rather than
a shared file system for performance reasons.  I can use rsync to ensure that
the local copy is syncronized with the master.  The master directory could
change on a daily basis so I need to ensure that it is synced before a
blastall job is run.  therefore, I need to run rsync before every blastall
job.  I see two ways of doing this:
a) submit an rsync job and create a dependency somehow that prevents blastall
job from running on the node unless the rsync job completes successfully.
Don't know how to do this but I'm sure it must be supported and documented
somewhere.  This would also require that rsync job and blastall job run on
the same node.

b) create a job that actually runs two applications.  This would require some
kind of wrapper script around the two apps.
 Suggestions/recommendations anyone?
thanks
Mike