Re: [Condor-users] Not Sure If a Bug or Error...

Hi Adam,

I thought I explained this one to you.  It makes sense that
condor needs a UNIQUE location to write files and to spool executables
for each machine.  Once you NFS mounted, all the machines were (likely)
trying to use the same log files and spool directories...
You can set LOCAL_DIR in the configuration files if you want a unique
location on an NFS mountred filesystem.  Take for example, our very own
fire1...

In the condor_config
LOCAL_DIR		= $(TILDE)/hosts/$(HOSTNAME)

[jtl3@fire1 Dist.010630]$ condor_config_val LOCAL_DIR
/home/condor/hosts/fire1

/home/condor is mounted on all the nodes in our Beowulf cluster...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Jeff "Local Lehigh Condor Expert" Linderoth
Jeff Linderoth                               O: 610-758-4879
Asst. Professor
Industrial and Systems Engineering           jtl3@xxxxxxxxxx
Lehigh University                       www.lehigh.edu/~jtl3