Re: [Condor-users] jobs with dependencies

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:14:25AM -0000, Kewley, J (John) wrote:
> > 1) I do not believe dag man can force a job to run on the same node.
>
> Can you not get the post script to write the submit script for the
> dependent job and hardwire the machine in that script?

yes, something like that should work.  a couple notes:

- you'll need a dummy submit file for the one you are re-writing as dagman
  parses the entire dag and verifies the submit files are present when it
  starts up.  the dummy submit file might need to have 'log' defined too...

- the post script runs on the submit node regardless of where the condor job
  ran.  so it will need to look into the job log file to find where the job
  actually ran.  you can pass $JOB as an argument to your post script and have
  it find the execute event (and therefor the execution location) by searching
  the user log.  note that $JOB is not the condor numerical ID but the dagman
  node name so it's a little hacky but should be doable.

cheers,
-zach