Re: [Condor-users] Windows XP firewall problems with 6.6.7

Geraint,

> 11/2 14:19:42 WinFirewall: get_CurrentProfile failed: 0x800706d9

I have reproduced your problem. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to determine the cause of it yet. It does appear that if the SharedAccess (aka Windows Firewall/ICS) service is not running, this error will occur. As you found however, making SharedAccess a dependency of the Condor service does not fix the problem.

The error meaning for 0x800706D9 is "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.", which doesn't seem to tell us much either.

I will follow up with this thread once I learn a bit more about the problem.

thanks,
Colin