Re: [Condor-users] URGENT Claimed - Idle Question

Hi,

I live down the street from UCLA! Anyhow, I have noticed this on my Condor pool at home. My computers will be claimed and say busy, then a few seconds later it will be claimed suspended/idle...then 5 minutes later it will become busy again and start processing.

Question: Do you have you condor master computer also accepting jobs to execute??? If so, try configuring your condor master to not be availabel for executing jobs. It seems to me that teh master server is getting bogged down and not attending all the other computers.. This seemed to fix my problem which is very close to what you describe.

JW

jzweig@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,
We here at UCLA are trying to figure out why nodes get to the "Claimed"
"State" but their "Activity" always stays at "Idle" ?
Any ideas?  How do we make sure that all nodes that get to the "Claimed"
State go to the "Busy" "State." ????

E.g.
Name         OpSys       Arch   State      Activity

vm1@hostname WINNT50     INTEL  Claimed    Busy
vm2@hostname WINNT50     INTEL  Claimed    Idle
hostname     WINNT51     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle
vm1@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Claimed    Busy
vm2@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Claimed    Idle
vm1@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Claimed    Idle
vm2@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Claimed    Busy
hostname     WINNT51     INTEL  Claimed    Busy
vm1@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle
vm2@hostname WINNT51     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle