[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] flocking
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:21:00 -0500
- From: George Gensure <werkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] flocking
Kewley, J (John) wrote:
Yes, and I'll doublecheck that with our network guys (our firewall is
managed at a different facility). UDP may have been ignored in that,
and that concerns me.
Absolutely, but its not a connection thing, I've only gotten
this far by
opening up specific ports bidirectionally and specifying hi
and low port
range of those open ports. This is different than the
I got before... (didn't save any of em, but you get the point).
Some more questions (in the presence of firewalls, the following is
important to check, but I don't think is causing your problem):
1. Have you opened 9614, 9618 and your lowport/highport range on the
udp AND tcp on your central nodes and all your execute and submit nodes
in both pools ?
2. Are the nodes of either machine on a private network ?We are all on the same private net (hence 10.*).
I'm reasonably sure that the problems that you're leaning towards here
would have different symptoms... this seems to be *almost* a
connectivity problem (if a negotiator has to be contacted on the port
listed in the flock_from schedd log I posted, and not only reliant on
the lists in condor_config).