RE: [Condor-users] config settings using output of command

Hi Dan

That's what I have in condor_config.local to indicate that executing machine
has cygwin installed (Windows box) and in which laboratory this
particular PC resides -

ENV_CYGWIN = "$ENV(CYGWIN_ROOT)"
ENV_LOCATION = "$ENV(LOCATION_ROOM)"
STARTD_EXPRS = ENV_CYGWIN, ENV_LOCATION

and I have system environment variables defined, where applicable, of course
-
CYGWIN_ROOT="c:\cygwin"
etc.

This way you can get hold of any static values, those which are defined
before
Condor starts (or re-read config files).

It would be much more straightforward if Condor team have opened mechanism
(feature request!) which apparently exists there already - it is used for
Java
benchmarking, for one.
It has all components we need, it seems, just the ability to specify tests
at will
is missing.

cheers,

Andrey Kaliazin