Re: [Condor-users] Testing on strings and other things

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:52:50PM -0600, Chris Green wrote:

> >Can you use AFS @sys links?
>
> I don't think so: the default sysname is i386_linux24 on both RH73 and
> RHEL3 systems, and I don't think I have the priveleges required to change
> it.

Bummer.

The usual trick we play is to use LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE to be a list of files, and
then vary one in a platform-dependent manner. At the UW, we use
AFS @sys links and the $(HOSTNAME) macro

The entire contents of our condor_config file are:

ETC = /unsup/condor/etc

HOSTS = $(ETC)/condor_config.hosts
GLOBAL = $(ETC)/condor_config.global
POLICY = $(ETC)/condor_config.policy
PLATFORM = $(ETC)/condor_config.platform
SYSNAME  = $(ETC)/condor_config.afs_sysname
LOCAL = $(ETC)/hosts/$(HOSTNAME).local

LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = $(HOSTS), $(GLOBAL), $(POLICY), $(PLATFORM), \
                    $(SYSNAME),  $(LOCAL)

Then, with symlinks, we make condor_config.afs_sysname point to the right
thing:

cobalt(31)% ls -l condor_config.afs_sysname
lrwxr-xr-x    1 epaulson ballard        30 Jul 30  2002 condor_config.afs_sysname -> condor_config.afs_sysname.@sys

You can do a similar trick with $(HOSTNAME) - you can create a host1.local file,
and use a symlink to attach it to either rh73.local or rhel3.local

-Erik