Re: [Condor-users] Testing on strings and other things

On Tue November 16 2004 3:09 pm, Erik Paulson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:52:50PM -0600, Chris Green wrote:
> > >Can you use AFS @sys links?
> >
> > I don't think so: the default sysname is i386_linux24 on both RH73 and
> > RHEL3 systems, and I don't think I have the priveleges required to change
> > it.
>
> Bummer.
>
> The usual trick we play is to use LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE to be a list of files,
> and then vary one in a platform-dependent manner. At the UW, we use
> AFS @sys links and the $(HOSTNAME) macro

Chris,

If it's useful, we have a Hawkeye module (yes, you can run them from any
Condor; I think I've worked with you on this in the past on how to do this)
that provides arch / O/S info in a standardized way that you could use for
matching...  It'll be in the next Hawkeye modules release that I put out.  In
the meantime, just send me an email ifn you're interested...

Oh, here's what it publishes:

arch = "i686"
os = "Linux"
os_distro = "RedHat 9"
os_version = "2.4.20-30.9bigmem"

-Nick

--
           <<< The answer is out there, Neo. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project