Re: [Condor-users] Maximum number of retries per job?

Hi,

 > Condor sets the number of restarts for each job in the job ad.
 >
 > You could set
 >
 > periodic_remove = NumRestarts > 10
 >
 > in your submit file, and the job will leave the queue after it's restarted
 > 10 times.
 >
 > (Or, you could set periodic_hold, which leaves the job in the queue but doesn't
 > try and start it any more)
 >
 > -Erik

this is really handy, but I have a couple of questions:

1. could it be possible then to automatically add this to every user's job
   description?

2. I wouldn't want to kill a standard universe job that has restarted more than
   10 times. Is there a way to differentiate between restarts in the vanilla
   universe and restarts in the standard universe?

Thanks a lot,
Angel de Vicente
--
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/