[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Maximum number of retries per job?
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:32:49 +0100
- From: Angel de Vicente <angelv@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Maximum number of retries per job?
> Condor sets the number of restarts for each job in the job ad.
> You could set
> periodic_remove = NumRestarts > 10
> in your submit file, and the job will leave the queue after it's restarted
> 10 times.
> (Or, you could set periodic_hold, which leaves the job in the queue but doesn't
> try and start it any more)
this is really handy, but I have a couple of questions:
1. could it be possible then to automatically add this to every user's job
2. I wouldn't want to kill a standard universe job that has restarted more than
10 times. Is there a way to differentiate between restarts in the vanilla
universe and restarts in the standard universe?
Thanks a lot,
Angel de Vicente
PostDoc Software Support
Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias