Re: [Condor-users] condor questions....

the application will consist of ~1000-2000 perl scripts that are used to
parse a given web site. i'd like to have a small network of linux/windows
servers be used as client machines that actually run the perl apps, with the
management of the client servers/perl apps being handled by some
master/parent app/server. i'd like the ability to be able to have a basic
round-robin type of approach when determining how/when an app is run on a
given machine. (something along the lines of if a client machine is up, and
has the available resources (cpu/mem/etc..) then run the next app.)

I'm not sure what you mean by round-robin, but you should investigate Condor's DAGMan.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/2_11DAGMan_Applications.html

i'd like to be able to integrate the management/operations of the
management/queuing app using a web based interface as well.

Condor doesn't directly interface to any web-based interfaces, but you can call condor_submit/condor_q/condor_status from your web scripts and parse the output.

i'm curious as to whether condor can easily handle the management task
without too much complexity, or is condor overkill for what i'm envisioning.

I think that Condor is the right choice.

-alain