[Condor-users] Windows XP & 2000 GUI Crashes due to Condor

Hi,

I've noticed this alot in many versions of Condor. I use Condor linux 6.7.1 as my master & condor 6.7.1 windows XP on all client machines.

Sometimes when i am using a machine which is executing background condor tasks, my windows GUI and all programs and windows are shut down.
Then the gui dissapears..a few seconds later the windows gui comes back but all programs that were running were killed. Also when this happens, condor_status and condor_q are unavailable on the linux condor master...its as if condor on the master crashes and some how it crashes all the client machines too. Awesome! but this is probably not the behaviour that is desired.

When this happens ALL condor processes on the Windows machines are killed so i need to manually restart them or reboot the machines. On the master linux server after a minute or two condor_q produces and condor_status produce output. But incorrect output. Condor_status shows that the windows clients are busy computing but infact they are not because the applications were killed and condor is not even running on those machines anymore. Windows Task Manager shows the computer as 100% idle. Odd.

I suspect the Schedd deamon has something to do with this because when i try to shut down the binaries linux waitys a while and says the processs is "Disfunct"

To get condor running again, I have to shutdown all the processes on my master and restart them on my master and all clients...funn fun.

My clients were not out of memory or diskspace either...no where close.

anyone else notice this behaviour?

JW