Re: [Condor-users] condor installation...

Hi Bruce,

here's a simple cheat sheet.

You'll have one machine in your (2-machine) pool that will be the
Central Manager. All the other machines in the pool (including the
central manager itself) can either submit and/or execute jobs (depending
how they're configured). All machines report to the central manager
machine, which in turn matches machines with jobs.

To install:

So pick a central manager  machine (let's call it
"central-manager.mydomain.org") and do:
1) Download (fomr our website) and untar condor tarball
2) cd condor-x.x.x
3) ./condor_configure --install
4) set CONDOR_CONFIG to the value indiciated by condor_configure, (e.g.
`pwd`/etc/condor_config)
5) Start the master:
	condor_master
6) At this point you should have  a one-node pool, you can verify with
	condor_status

On other machine(s), do:
1) Download (fomr our website) and untar condor tarball
2) cd condor-x.x.x

this step is different:
3) ./condor_configure --install --type=submit,execute
--central-manager=central-manager.mydomain.org

4) set CONDOR_CONFIG to the value indiciated by condor_configure, (e.g.
`pwd`/etc/condor_config)
5) Start the master:
	condor_master
6) Run condor_status (give it a few seconds after step 5), you should
see this machine and the cetnral manager in the pool.

Carey Kireyev
Condor Team