[Condor-users] setting up condor on multiple machines...

ps...

more questions!!!

after i do a 'condor_submit' from my 2nd machine, i do a followup 'condor_q'
and it states that i have a job in the queue.

however, when i go to the manager server i don't see anything in the queue
when i do a 'condor_q'.. how can i see all jobs for all submits on a given
machine from the manager machine...??

also, it appears that there is a serious delay, between the time a job is
submitted, and the time it's run. is there some config parameter that can be
set to decrease the delay....

thanks

-bruce

---------------------

hi...

in testing condor, it appears that i have setup two machines with condor.
one machine acts as the manager, and i'd like the 2nd to be a client in the
pool...

from the 1st(manager) i can see that both machines are communicating. i can
even submit a job (a perl script) on the 1st machine and have it
successfully run.

however, when i do a 'condor_submit submit.txt' on the 2nd machine, nothing
appears to happen. in reading through the docs, and searching through
google, i can't seem to determine what i need to do to determine what's not
going right.

can anyone point me to apps/functions to help me understand if the 2nd
machine is actually submitting the job, or if the job is going off to
neverland...

i can post the config_file/submit file/etc... if need be..

thanks...

-bruce

ps. the boxes are running inux RH8....