RE: [Condor-users] Condor Install newbie Questions

hi terrence...

given that i'm realtively new to condor.. and the install process.. i
figured i'd try to answer some of your questions....

each machine in your pool will have to have condor installed on the box.
this includes the condor_master app. from the docs that i've seen, it
appears that if your client box is going to be used to simply submit/run
jobs, then you'll probably have _master, _sched, and _start.

the docs that i've seen (and in my own setup) state that you should install
condor as root, but that you should have a 'condor' account setup on the
box.

the condor apps on linux run as condor, so i would assume that they will
also run as condor under a windows env.

the condor_master should be added to the services on each of your boxes so
it starts on bootup of the system. this will in turn start the other
required processes.

an issue that you're going to have to resolve, and the most critical part
from my perspective, is correctly getting the condor_config files setup.

good luck, have fun!!!