RE: [Condor-users] condor -format options

> >condor_q -format "%d" ClusterId -format "XXX\n" ClusterId
>
> I understand that it's annoying. But I just tried the
> following command,
> and it worked fine:
>
> condor_q -format "%dXXX\n" ClusterId
>
> Is there a reason that doesn't work for you?

That works fine, but how about:

$ condor_status -f "%-6s" Arch -f "%-7s" OpSys \
	-f " %-12s" OPSYS_FLAVOUR \
      -f "\n" OpSys | sort | uniq -c

[extracted from a slide I showed Todd and Zach last week!]

This should give me a nice list of all the different OSs in my pool:
      1
      1 INTEL LINUX   Gentoo
      1 INTEL LINUX   Mandrake10
      2 INTEL LINUX   RH80
      3 INTEL LINUX   RH9
      2 INTEL LINUX   RHEL3
      2 INTEL LINUX   SUSE80
      6 INTEL LINUX   SUSE90
      4 INTEL LINUX   WBL
      2 INTEL WINNT50
      2 INTEL WINNT51

[Note the initial "1" line is because there is an extra blank line in the
condor_status
output - maybe that could be removed]

Note that it'll also work for you on 6.6.6 (even though you haven't defined
OPSYS_FLAVOUR
on your machines). Some of my machines don't have OPSYS_FLAVOUR defined (the
non-Linux
ones) and don't print anything for " %-12s" OPSYS_FLAVOUR. If I had had a \n
in
there (without the my final opsys clause), it would not have got printed:
$ condor_status -f "%-6s" Arch -f "%-7s" OpSys \
    -f " %-12s\n" OPSYS_FLAVOUR | sort | uniq -c
      1 INTEL LINUX   Gentoo
      1 INTEL LINUX   Mandrake10
      2 INTEL LINUX   RH80
      3 INTEL LINUX   RH9
      2 INTEL LINUX   RHEL3
      2 INTEL LINUX   SUSE80
      6 INTEL LINUX   SUSE90
      4 INTEL LINUX   WBL
      1 INTEL WINNT50INTEL WINNT50INTEL WINNT51INTEL WINNT51

Instead I trick condor with the final -f "\n" Opsys
so that a newline is printed ALWAYS (or at least if OpSys is defined, which
is highly
likely!).

The problem is that the newline is now no longer printed :-( - the whole
lot comes on one line.

How about allowing a -format with a string and no following classad which
would always print for each row at that point.

JK