[Condor-users] NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES and condor_reconfig

Hello,

Normally, my machine reports to have 2 Virtual Machines. If I change NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES to 1 and use condor_reconfig, then condor_status tells me that I only have 1 VM, which is good.

Now if I change NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES to 2 (or remove the statement that sets it to 1), and run condor_config, condor_status still tells me that I only have VM. I have to restart condor to get back 2 VMs.

Is this behavior normal?

Thanks
Jimmy