Re: [Condor-users] Solaris 9 with LDAP ok in version 6.6.7?

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 12:48:54PM +0100, Angel de Vicente wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning a Condor upgrade, but when the version 6.6.6 came out this was said
> in the release notes:
>
>  > "If you are using Solaris 9 with LDAP as a name lookup service, Condor will not
>  > function, at least in some cases. We don't yet know if this bug affects other
>  > Solaris revisions."
>  >
>  > http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/8_2Stable_Release.html
>

> I do not see this reference now for version 6.6.7. Has this been solved?

The warning was misleading, and shouldn't have been placed in the 6.6.6
manual in the first place. There is nothing in Condor that specifically
dislikes LDAP.

What we have seen is people using PAM modules that include conflicting
versions of OpenSSL, and trample on private data in the OpenSSL libraries,
which leads to crashes. The only place we've seen it is on Solaris 9,
with a custom PAM module that happened to use LDAP, though it could
happen other places.

-Erik