Re: [Condor-users] Transfering files in a Vanilla universe onthejobbeing killed.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:57:54 -0400, David Vestal <dvestal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would also be nice to have the ability to vacate all jobs, and have them
> transition to the "held" state once the files were back.  I don't think that can be
> done currently, but would be a great option for condor_vacate and
> condor_vacate_job.

Since condor_hold behaves like condor_vacate -fast a -graceful option
on it would be nice and achieve what you want.

for now the following might work (depending on your universe)

in submit file
+ForcedVacateAndHold=False
on_exit_hold = ForcedVacateAndHold

to get them off the machines
%MY_JOBS% => (some constraint identifying your jobs)
condor_qedit  %MY_JOBS% ForcedVacateAndHold True
condor_vacate %MY_JOBS%

to rerelease

condor_qedit  %MY_JOBS% ForcedVacateAndHold False
condor_release %MY_JOBS%

This is infered from reading the docs - YMMV :¬)

not sure if the vacation counts as an exit for the purposes of
evaluating the on_exit_hold expressions...if not then provision of an
on_vacate_hold would be good :¬)

Matt